VMware Senior R&D Manager - vRealize Orchestrator in Sofia, Bulgaria
As a Manager in the Cloud Orchestration & Automation group, you are a key influence in the organization and are expected to inspire innovation and provoke change in both culture and technology. The Cloud Orchestration & Automation group develops products that focus on building world class cloud automation product line that powers cloud service lifecycle automation for VMware’s Software Defined Datacenter.
You must be the champion for Cloud Orchestration and Extensibility and help the organization drive in that direction. Your focus will not only be about what we’re building, it will also encompass as to how we’re building it. You will work closely with the Product Management and other product groups so relationship building is very important. You will need to share your ideas with people at all levels of the organization and bring them along on the journey. As a manager, you will be expected to keep your team motivated, engaged and focused on customer and organizational goals. You have proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high quality software. You have experience with proficient and new software development techniques and have worked with geographically dispersed development teams/efforts. You should be highly technical, detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence as well as significant project management expertise as well as with solid people management skills.
You will participate in ground breaking projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork, and customer success culture. The user interface manager should have strong self-directed work ethic, and is driven to produce a quality product and user experience, wrapped up in a make it happen mindset.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead a team of Cloud automation and orchestration engineers with diverse skill sets across different IT disciples
• 8-12 years’ experience in technology leadership role.
• Product Management experience in software development projects
• Engage with business unit leaders, management, infrastructure peers, business and project stakeholders to understand system requirements and advise stakeholders on options, risks, business impacts and cost-benefits
• Lead technology road map planning, governance of projects or initiatives to close the gaps between current and future-state architectures
• Communicate with stakeholders at all levels to inform them strategies and roadmap
• Lead, and build consensus among teams, in the design and development of infrastructure building blocks for simplicity, availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of global enterprise systems
• Ability to develop professional technical documentation and meet project deadlines
• Demonstrated technical understanding of architecture design, configuration & implementation, migration & coexistence expertise for large sized enterprises
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.