VMware Senior Software Engineer in Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware is the leader in Virtualization and Cloud infrastructure.
Our team builds the VMware Cloud Foundation, which enables building enterprise clouds utilizing resources in Private Data Centers, Amazon, SoftLayer and other public clouds.
We are looking for talented professionals who share our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us enhance our VMware Cloud Foundation Unified SDDC Platform and increase our market-leading position.
As part of VMware Cloud Foundation you will be bringing together VMware’s vSphere, vSAN, NSX, VDI and vRealize suite into a natively integrated stack to deliver enterprise-ready cloud infrastructure for the private and public cloud. You will design, develop and maintain the product in a fast paced Agile environment, collaborating with product management, quality engineering and other members on our global team.
• Write a high quality, well designed and maintainable code.
• Design and implement the next generation architecture of VMware's SDDC platform.
• Analyze the product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications.
• Perform code reviews and address code reviews of your code.
• Adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc.
• 5+ years of related work experience.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Object Oriented Design principles, data structures and algorithms.
• Good command of Java and related technologies.
• Communication and Teamwork.
• Fluent English (speaking/reading/writing).
Considered a plus:
• Good understanding of the software development methodologies and/or experience with Agile.
• Experience in analyzing requirements, creating use cases and specifications and defining software architectures.
• Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Data-Application-Presentation).
• In-depth knowledge in Java.
• Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives.
• Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals.
• Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
• Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations.
• All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.