Army Installation Management Command Supervisory General Engineer in Bulgaria
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
*About the Position: *You will serve as the Director, DPW exercising full authority for management and operation decisions related to engineering and environmental activities, housing and overall DPW logistical support activities of an Army Installation predominated by one mission and does not have significant Military Housing Operation, but typically a major Industrial; Research; Development; Testing and Evaluation Mission. Work includes quality assurance and administration of associated base support contracts.
- This is an 18 month unaccompanied overseas tour with possible extensions for 24 months or longer
- There are no commissary or BX/PX facilities
- Overseas Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) may be authorized
- Relocation or Recruitment Incentive may be authorized
- Separate Maintenance Allowance (SMA) may be authorized
About the Location: This position is located at Novo Selo Training Area (NSTA) Bulgaria serviced out of USAG Ansbach, Germany. Bulgaria is a Balkan nation with diverse terrain encompassing Black Sea coastline, rivers, and mountainous interior. A cultural melting pot with a rich heritage of traditional dance, music, costumes and crafts. The capital Sofia, dating to the 5th century B.C.E. For more information please visit: www.ansbach.army.mil
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
- Plan and manages the repair and utilities program.
- Coordinate requests for alterations, modifications and new construction with the Garrison Master Plan
- Participate with Program, Budget, and Manpower Division and other directorate personnel in preparing, justifying, and adjusting the budget.
- Review facilities operations and the maintenance program.
- Inspects facilities to determine immediate operation, maintenance and repair needs.
- Serve as point of contact for all facilities work performed by contractors.
- Establish workload priorities and initiate assignments based on the difficulty, complexity, and type of work.
- Provide advice, counsel and instruct on technical and administrative matters.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 20% travel away from duty station on overnight trips
- Permanent change of station (PCS) cost are authorized IAW provisions of travel regulation
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
*Basic requirement: *Degree: professional engineering: To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding , both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their appropriations to one of the branches of engineering. For more information visit http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: directing a wide range of engineering activities related to facility engineering design and construction services for new construction or maintenance, environmental activities, housing and DPW logistical support activities and performing contractual management for engineering activities.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Engineering Contracts and Quality Assurance
- Facility Management and Maintenance
- Ability to Communicate Effectively
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted - also see Basic Requirement.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- This position requires the submission of an annual Financial Disclosure Statement (OGE-450).
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- Payment of Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) costs is authorized subject to eligibility criteria IAW DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250 and the Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR).
- Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined during the hiring process.
- This is a Career Program (CP) Position: CP-18
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472309600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $73,846.00 to $96,004.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0801-13/13
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Status Candidates, VEOA, and Military Spouses
Control Number: 472309600
Job Announcement Number: EUJJ178019621974750