VMware Senior C/C++ System Software Engineer in Sofia, Bulgaria
As a member of the Virtual Devices team, you will be responsible of designing, developing and maintaining software that virtualizes devices (USB/Sound/Networking/RDMA) for virtual machines for all of VMware's products.
• Involve in virtualizing USB/Sound/Networking or device-related features throughout the software development cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, quality assurance and release.
• Drive the platform forward with your understanding of the technology's capabilities and potential applications.
• Collaborate with documentation, quality, and support to ensure the product's completeness.
• Multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) software development
• Strong coding skills in C and C+• Experience in Linux or Windows kernel driver development
• USB kernel stack development experience is a plus
• Knowledge and experience of System level APIs
• Good understanding of code efficiency & performance
• Good understanding of PC Architecture
Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.